Island in the Mist
Open Plot Lines
- Valtjof and crew have banished Sage Marin’s Riders from The City of Simon’s Rest, citing a prophesy that states rather clearly that if they ever return, it will ultimately spell the destruction of the city.
- King Thaylithien tasked the Riders with destroying The Aecherons. The Riders left The Mists in order to find the home of the Aecherons. They found a city and (inadvertently) destroyed it.
- Valandil is prophesied to bring about the destruction of The Aecherons
- There is a war in The Underworld, and it appears that the armies of Hell are making their way to The Surface.
- Marisa (an Aecheron) has an apparent romantic interest in Valandil, but to save her people hired The Brotherhood of Ravens to assassinate him. The Riders have not been heard from in over a year. She is presumed to still be operating alongside Valtjof. * The City of Simon’s Rest has gone missing, and is now ruled by someone known as “The Heiress.”
- Sherylin has asked for an audience with Sage Marin’s Riders
- Throughout The Underworld, there are tapestries, paintings and other artworks depicting demons destroying Simon’s Rest.
- Dalton, Ezra, Pieriel, Charles Holder and other Riders are missing and presumed dead.
- Sage Marin‘s last words to the Riders before their separation were, "I will see you at the River’s Crossing."
- Although Victor Hapsburg and Kylie Safehorn (with the help of Griswold rescued the Riders from the clutches of Zhem Aechmus, their whereabouts since are unknown.
- Furio was taken by Verin Aechmus.
- The whereabouts of the City of Cassia are unknown.
- Esh owes the demon who lives in his ring some yet-to-be-determined favor.